During Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley’s 2023 Budgetary Proposals in the House of Assembly on Tuesday, she announced the assignment of funding for several departments and projects.
Among them were:
– $139 million for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with an additional $5.5 million for expanding operations of the Accident and Emergency Department.
– $5 million to the Lion’s Eye Care Centre at the QEH.
– $27.6 million for the Latin American Development Bank (CAF) road rehabilitation project.
– $20 million to the Barbados Water Authority to upgrade reservoirs and distribution network.
– $15.3 million to the Ministry of Agriculture for construction of a tissue culture laboratory.
– $8.5 million for the construction of dormitories for the Barbados Youth Advance Corps to accommodate at least 1 000 young people per year.
– $8.1 million for the Smart Energy Fund.
– $32.5 million for the Welfare Department
– $20.6 million for the Child Care Board
– $12.5 million for Government’s Crime Prevention Programme
– $2.5 million for the parental coaching, life coaching and psychological coaching programme
– $9.7 million for the Community Elderly Care Programme
In all, Mottley said more than half-billion dollars in Government-related construction projects will be undertaken in the country.
Contact us today about new developments and properties for sale in Barbados